Reading // October 2017

Monday, November 13, 2017
books read:
~ The Little Library Cookbook by Kate Young (review)
~ The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking
~ The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
~ The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis (read with my husband)
~ The Land of Neverendings by Kate Saunders (review)
~ Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
~ The Abundance of Less by Andy Couturier
~ Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay #4) by Jill Shalvis

currently reading:
~ The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar (review)
~ The Murderer's Ape by Jakob Wegelius (review)

This month was a little all over the place for me. Lots of health stuff being dealt with, as best I could, and then other things coming up for processing. Review books have taken a bit of a back seat while I deal with stuff, and I am just trying to catch up a little now.

Stand outs for this month include: Turtles All the Way Down which just blew me away and I related to it so much - dealing with mental health issues can be so complex and frustrating at times; The Land of Neverendings was pretty amazing, giving some moments of laughter and others of a little weeping; and The Abundance of Less which picked my brain up, shook it, and made me look at things completely differently, whilst also reminding me of what is really important to me.

Whilst I read a little less this month, I'm still pretty happy with the overall spread of what I read - but a little more nonfiction and maybe some literary fiction in November wouldn't go astray.

Happy reading!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top