{2015} September Reading

Friday, October 23, 2015
Oh, so very late! Sorry about this guys, but better late than never! Some of the sections may be a bit small as I try to remember what I bought and received, or what I read. When I had internet again at the new place, I tried to update goodreads as best I could, but this may not be a complete record!



Book bought/received:
~ Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (review)
~ Rising Strong by Brene Brown

Books read:
~ Still the One (Animal Magnetism #6) by Jill Shalvis
~ Tower of Thorns (Blackthorn & Grim #2) by Juliet Marillier (review)
~ Instant Gratification (Wilder #2) by Jill Shalvis
~ The Peony Lantern by Frances Watts (review)
~ Instant Temptation (Wilder #3) by Jill Shalvis
~ The Dark Mirror (Bridei Chronicles #1) by Juliet Marillier
~ Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (review)
~ State of Wonder by Ann Patchett

So, this month was a bit of a Jill Shalvis and Juliet Marillier heavy month... Lots of romance and lovely fantasy. A few review books for good measure, too. Overall a pretty nice month!

The Jill Shalvis books were borrowed via the library system - mostly the online ebook editions. I love that I can borrow these on my ipad without having to go anywhere! And I love Shalvis' work... she just makes me smiley. :D

Tower of Thorns was excellent, mysterious, fantastical. I swear every time I read a Marillier there is this particular feeling that I get that I just can't pinpoint. It makes me feel happy, connected, and magical. I decided to re-read The Dark Mirror so that I could continue on with the trilogy. I am still semi-reading the second book - The Blade of Fortriu - but the move kind of messed up my reading patterns. I will get back to it soon, though, just so I can get that feeling once more.

The Peony Lantern was a bit of a surprise - it ended up making me cry a little bit. Well-researched and interesting, I am so glad I requested a copy to review. Please check out my full review for more info :)

Big Magic was a wonderful book to read and review, and I still re-read parts of it to remind myself of the awesomeness of creative lives. Gilbert is just amazing - she writes so wonderfully and just draws you in. I am so so grateful to have gotten a review copy of this book. It was because of her and her podcast - Magic Lessons - that I picked up Ann Patchett's State of Wonder, which was something I probably wouldn't normally read. It was absolutely amazing and I loved every minute of it. In fact, it was the first book I finished in the new house. I think it will have special meaning because of that.

And that was September! Or as much as I can remember of it... I am reading a few things at the moment, but mostly I am just trying to settle into the new place and build my reading life around that. :) What are you reading?

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top