Book Review: The Blackmail Blend by Livia Day

Tuesday, June 30, 2015
I love reading. Books are amazing. They are a form of escapism, yes, but they are also inspiration, joy, and... well. Goodness. I think in some ways I have used my appetite for reading to define parts of my personality, so it made sense for me to review some of what I read! Here we go...



Title: The Blackmail Blend
Author: Livia Day
Series: Cafe La Femme #1.5
Publication Date: June 12th 2015

Synopsis: "Six romance writers
Five secrets
Four poison pen letters
Three stolen manuscripts
Two undercover journalists
One over-complicated love life
Way too many teacups and tiny sandwiches

This shouldn't be a recipe for mayhem and murder, but Tabitha Darling has been burned once before and she knows the signs that she's about to fall into another crime scene. At least she doesn't have to worry about love triangles anymore. Right? RIGHT?"


My thoughts: My mini-in-the-mean-time review of this short story on goodreads was "Oh man this is like a big warm hug." And I stand by it. This welcomed me back into the world of Tabitha Darling so effectively that I must admit to wriggling with happiness whilst reading it.

The books featuring Tabitha Darling are mystery novels with a difference - they feature tea, cake, and a touch of romance - the resulting concoction is delightful to read and delicious to consume. I love the humour in these stories, it is just the right balance of cheeky and sometimes a little dark, and it just keeps everything moving along so wonderfully. Tabitha Darling is such a relatable character, thrust into mystery madness, that you can't help but love her and want to stick with her every step of the way.

I have placed my order for the second book in this series - Drowned Vanilla - and I will be devouring that as soon as I can get my hands on it!


I received a review ecopy of this short story from the publisher, Twelfth Planet Press. (Thank youuu!)

You would like this book if: you enjoy mysteries with lovely characters; you like reading about someone with similar weaknesses for tea and cake.

Tea to drink while reading this book: why not the Tabitha blend mention in the book? It's available from the publisher, and you can get a copy of the ebook while you're at it!

Rating:  10/10

If you'd like to keep up to date with what I'm reading, follow me on Goodreads here!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top