{2015} February Reading

Sunday, March 1, 2015
Books bought/received:
~ Preordered Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
~ Preordered Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
~ Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis (gift)
~ Mothers Grimm by Danielle Wood
~ Past the Shallows by Favel Parrett
~ South of Darkness by John Marsden (gift)
~ Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis
~ Kenko Kitchen (cookbook) by Kate Bradley

(still managing to follow my 'read/donate three books off my shelf before I get one book buying token' system... It's complex to explain but works quite well for me!)

Books read:
Now that the Aurealis Awards judging are over for another year, I am back to my own reading! SO I will just be listing those from now on~~

~ Hokkaido Highway Blues by Will Ferguson
~ Double Play (Pacific Heat #1) by Jill Shalvis
~ Slow Heat (Pacific Heat #2) by Jill Shalvis
~ Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism #1) by Jill Shalvis
~ Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism #2) by Jill Shalvis
~ The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
~ Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism #3) by Jill Shalvis

Uhm... You can probably tell that I went on a bit of a Jill Shalvis kick this month. I was really in the mood for some romance books and so, after a little bit of looking around, this name popped up on my radar. I went to my local library and grabbed all of her books that they had (Double Play and the first two books of Animal Magnetism) and sat down to read.
Can I just say, this was exactly what I needed. Sweet characters, lovely romance, and the occasional hot sex scene - such a lovely break for my brain from the sometimes heavy aspects of fantasy.
I should also mention that I read two issues of Kinfolk - issues 12 and 14 - over this month. I got a little addicted! I have issue 13 on the way, and am considering whether I can manage a subscription. I love their slow-living style!
Other than that, I read Hokkaido Highway Blues - a book about a man in Japan hitchhiking to follow the wave of sakura. I found it quite enjoyable, but was a little disappointed with the ending, as it cut off quite suddenly.
And, finally, I read The Raven Boys. I got this for Christmas from my brother and I am so glad I did, as it is just fascinating to read. I am already reading book two - The Dream Thieves.
Other things I am currently reading: trying to finish Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (which is amazing, but quite long!), Of Silk and Steam by Bec McMaster (book five in the London Steampunk series - so happy to be reading this new release!), and also dipping in and out of a few books that I got from the Perth Writer's Festival! (Which was awesome, by the way.)

What are you reading at the moment? Any romance?

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top