weekly glimpse #15

Sunday, April 27, 2014
a rose that bathed me in a lovely scent this week~


currently reading: still reading S, but also reading The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear and a few other things...
listening to: I seem to have Mr Mr by Girls Generation stuck in my head a lot lately...
watching: rewatching old episodes of HIMYM
food: still eating Japanese food whenever I can, otherwise doing my best to eat healthy :)
drinking: so much bubble tea. Also, other teas.
writing?: still working on the same piece!

general... (inspired by Havi)
the hard
: first Psych appointment this week. Oh my goodness the difficult. A breath for dealing with things you didn't realise had hurt you so much.
: the day of my appointment I realised I was a bit sicker than usual - initially thought this was a psychosomatic reaction to the impending appointment, but then it turned out I had a virus. In fact, I still have it. Blahhh.
: a few misunderstandings and unexpected shoes being thrown (it's a secret code).... plus creepy experiences when I'm home alone and it's dark. do not want.

the good
: the Psych appointment, while scary, was also the first step I needed to take. Trying to continue moving. A breath for feeling terrified but trying to remain open anyway.
: despite feeling sick and horrific, I was actually fairly cheerful when I found out I had a virus as it meant lots of rest and processing time. I needed that.
: when I was so stressed and sad that I couldn't deal with things, Xin took me to an outside place. It was beautiful and we got to use his picnic blanket for the first time and eat the fruit and nut bars that he had in his car... it was like a surprise picnic, which has to be one of the best things ever.
: feeling connected with nature and actually doing some exercise and yay reading! a happy heart sigh for being able to see the good again.

what i want for next week...
~OH MY GOODNESS KITTEHS
~this is perfect and just what I needed
~thank you universe.
~this seemed so challenging and yet it was so simple and lovely. thank you.

(update from last week - I wrote that I wanted 'permission to rest: granted', and BOY did I get that! also 'catching up and feeling good!' definitely began to happen. yay for stating my intent/wishes :))

mantra? what is the perfect simple solution here? how can I take a baby step towards that?


p.s. people that read regularly may have noticed that I didn't post anything this week - firstly, thanks for noticing! secondly, this was mostly because things just became a bit much and I needed time to process everything that had happened. I will get back on the reviewing bandwagon as soon as I feel able :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! This is Sandra, Asep's friend. It's been a while~ \o/ Past few months has been hectic, I'd lost your blog address but managed to find it through Google. Joy! Time to catch up with reading~

    OMG! 13 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear! I got that book, though I never got to finish it. 'xD I read the first few pages though, and it seemed intriguing. o.o I've been trying to read 'lighter' books so that I can bring them anywhere I go... Captain Bluebear just isn't one of them. :<

    On the side note, I've read Trickster's Choice and Tricker's Queen by Tamora Pierce as per your recommendation, and they were really good! I actually hesitated at first because this being set in the future, I was afraid of how my favourite heroine Alanna would be portrayed, but she's still as badass as ever. xD Also Nawat and Aly's relationship is a little odd, but cute at the same time. All in all, the book made me fell in love with Tortall again. I might actually try Beka Cooper. Have you read any of the Tortall series aside from the Trickster series (ie. Protector of the Small, Lioness Quartet)? :3

    Oh, by the way, I've recently created a Tumblr account to, ah, keep track of the books I've read. \o/ It's still new though. Just hope I could keep going. ^^'

    Get well soon. o.o Seems that everyone's sick lately, I'm recovering from a cold myself. 'xD Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluid! \o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! Welcome back! :)

      Yeh it is really huge... I actually had trouble holding it up when reading in bed... XD

      Oh yay! I'm glad you liked them. I've read the Protector of the Small books, but so far haven't read the Lioness Quartet. I plan to someday though! I love Tamora Pierce.

      Yay! I love when people create new websites. It can be really fun! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top