Books I have started but haven't finished.

Sunday, September 8, 2013
One of my bookshelves... plus other bits and pieces!

Oh man. This weekend has been a bit rough. I have had two migraines in two days, plus the flu, plus a variety of other things that decided to jump on board for a little bit. This has meant pretty much everything except gentle sleeping, occasionally watching HIMYM and sometimes (keyword: SOMETIMES) reading, has come to a screeching halt. I only just have the energy for posting this right now, but I hope to be able to make some videos and put up some more written book reviews soon.

Okay, so, onto today's topic. There are actually SO MANY books on my shelves that I have started but not finished (many of them are now in my TBR jar...), but these are the ones at the front of my mind...


For those who have been watching my youtube videos, you may know by now how this book has become my Everest. (Although, many books are my Everest... All piled up.) I have made about four conscious efforts to finish this book and I'm still not done. Granted, in many editions it is separated into three books, but I have the giant (gorgeous) edition and I have been on page 437 since the Booktube-a-thon. One day, Murakami. One day.


And for those who have been following my written reviews, you will know that I had a pretty serious John Green phase a few months back. I read The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska in quick succession, but then halted on An Abundance of Katherines. I know other people who have had trouble with this one, but I think my trouble was just because other books came into my life and I got distracted. New and shiny books. Distraction.
Anyway, my Collins Booksellers bookmark has been marking page 83 for quite a few weeks now.


So many people mention David Levithan on youtube (John Green included) that I thought I'd give a book by him a go. I was under the impression that this was a stand-alone book, but goodreads has just informed me that a second book is expected in 2015, and a book of short stories related to 'every day' has already been published under the title 'six earlier days'. Huh. Go figure.
Either way, this doesn't change the fact that I started getting really sad while reading this book, and so I halted at page 119, and have yet to continue.


Oh man. I have had this book for so long... and the story is actually really gripping. And I LOVE Japanese literature. But I just haven't finished this one. It doesn't help that everyone who comes round to my house and sees this unfinished on my shelf asks me how I can call myself a genuine fan of all things Japanese. To these people I say: it is not the books I have read that count, it is the love in my heart.
Also, I'll finish it one day...
That will also mark the day I move on from page 183.


Arrrghhh. I am actually genuinely ashamed to not have finished this one yet. I loved loved LOVED Sabriel, and I have it plus Lirael AND Abhorsen on my shelves, but I have tried to read Lirael so many times and just never finished it. I truly do plan to finish it, and I have a feeling I'm going to adore it... But at this point that may mean going back and re-reading Sabriel as it has been too long...
This one doesn't even have a bookmark, as I admitted defeat each time.... Plus, I need bookmarks, yo.


That is all I am going to mention on this topic for now! It's actually been really fun having another look at some of the books sitting on my shelves, and has given me renewed spirit for finishing them someday. Because, despite the unfinished books on my shelves, I still love reading with everything I am!
Love to all who read. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really excited by the idea of reading the same books as you! I loved the Nix books, but if you asked me what they were about I don't think I could tell you.
    Also, I'm surprised Tales of the Otori aren't on this list! We'll get through them one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee I love that idea too :)
      I thought about putting the Tales of the Otori on here, but I didn't want to make it an extensive list and so just broke it down to five. Plus, so many books set in Japan/written by Japanese authors. It gets repetitive XD

      Delete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top