Tea Review: Irish Breakfast [T2 and otherwise]

Sunday, August 11, 2013

So, here's the deal. I love tea. I love how it can help with an upset tummy, soothe a sore throat, put you to sleep or pep you up. It can even just be a general calmer. 
In Tea Reviews I will give you a few details of the tea, an overall rating, and some thoughts. If you see something you like, I encourage you to go and try the tea yourself! I'll often try and let you know where you can buy it or provide a link.
Enjoy!
(Psst! If you want me to review a specific tea, just comment and let me know! If you can provide a sample, that would be great too!)

Irish Breakfast

Initial thoughts: Again, a tea that I have had a lot on the past, but I haven't actually had in some time. The aroma of this tea before it's even brewed is fantastic - very strong and comforting. The taste was similar - if you're not a fan of strong tea, I would probably recommend steering clear of this one. It's definitely worth a try, though!

Taste: This taste is full of comfort - it's not as astringent as English Breakfast and even has a bit of a sweet edge to it. It is quite strong, but it's just perfect if you're craving a tea to wake you up and give you that moment of 'ahh' (satisfied sigh, not scream).

Colour: A deep red. Kind of coppery.

Recommendations and thoughts: 100 degrees Celsius fits this tea perfectly, and I don't brew it for too long - I find that the strong flavour comes in quite quickly. I'd say no longer than 3 minutes brew-time. This tea is great for breakfast (as indicated in the name) but also as a pick-me-up for morning or afternoon tea. (I just had mine with a banana and a gf biscuit, so I'm happy :3)

Overall rating: 4 out of 5 cups. Oddly enough, I find this tea to be less overwhelming than English Breakfast tea - perhaps because the flavour is stronger, but the caffeine level is not, so I don't feel the need to have too much. This tea is just so comforting and delicious.

Price: Similarly to English Breakfast, this tea is quite widely available. I am more familiar with the Twinings brand, which you can get from most supermarkets and is very good. This time round I tried T2's loose leaf style this time round, and I was really pleased with it. A 100g box of that will set you back about $11.


Next time... I've been asked by Xin to review Arctic Fire, a black tea (also available from T2), so I will be trying that out. I also have some lovely tea from England that was brought back for my family by my brother. That's from a gorgeous company called Brew Tea and is just lovely, so look out for that!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top