Releases That I Anticipated || January to March

Monday, March 28, 2022

 I honestly debate with myself about doing posts like this every year. This year, I decided I would! But then didn't do it for several months (and this is going up at the end of March... -.-;)... So I thought I would do a little mostly back-dated post for the first few months of the year, maybe talk a bit about some of the releases I have gotten my hands on, and then from here - who knows? Maybe monthly? Maybe every three months? We shall see.... <.<

Anyway, the layout of the list will be exactly the same as how I set it up in my master google doc - you will see the dates I had at the start of the year for most things (often these change, so please do your own research if you are interested in any of these!), and I have a very basic key for indicating my interest in a book. If it's in regular text, that means I'm kind of interested, might not buy it, but definitely want to see what other people think when it comes out. If it's italicised that means that I'm slightly more interested, and may pick up a copy when it comes out. If it's in bold, then that means I am super excited about it, and will probably preorder a copy/get a copy immediately after its release. Pretty basic! And sometimes I surprise myself by being more or less excited about something as I get closer the release date. So yes, please take these designations with a grain of salt, as they can change at any time! On with the show!


Please note: I have provided links to Goodreads for each book I mention, however: some of the manga is only listed in Japanese on there as far as I can find, so apologies for that! Good for adding to your shelves on Goodreads, not so good for telling you what it's about! If anyone would like a post on a specific manga series and what it's about/how I'm liking it, please just drop your request down in the comment section <3


January

~ 4th - Ragna Crimson v4 [manga] ORDERED

~ 5th - The King’s Beast v4 [manga] ACQUIRED

~ 11th - The Amber Crown by Jacey Bedford 

~ 11th - The Bone Spindle by Leslie Vedder (review copy received)

~ 18th - Temple of No God (Hall of Smoke #2) by H. M. Long [preordered, but delayed]

~ 19th - Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan ACQUIRED


Okay, let's chat about this list. To be honest, we start with one that seems to have been delayed - at least, I haven't found it in any of the usual places that I acquire manga, so I have recently ordered a copy online. Ragna Crimson is the manga series that I actually started with back in June last year when I decided to get back into manga - I found book one at my local Dymocks and decided to give it a go, and really enjoyed it. I have been continuing with it as volumes become available to me and I have the funds for them. The King's Beast is kind of similar - I got into it much later in the year last year, but I have wanted to continue reading so I preordered it at said local Dymocks and have since read it - I still love this series, even though it's not quite a five star series for me just yet. The art is absolutely beautiful, though.

The Amber Crown I heard a little bit of buzz about last year, so I added it to my list to keep an eye on. I haven't really heard anything about it, so this may be one to do some more research on! Maybe my local library has a copy...

The Bone Spindle I was lucky enough to receive a review copy of, but, even though I enjoyed the first 20% of the book, I stalled badly on it after that. Still going to go back to it soon and see if I can rediscover my joy in it, but it remains to be seen. Daughter of the Moon Goddess is actually similar - whilst I bought my own copy, I absolutely loved the first 20% or so, but then stalled and have yet to go back. We shall see!

Finally, Temple of No God is one I'm really excited to get my hands on, so I preordered it at my local Dymocks, only to be told that it had been pushed back to May. Australian release dates are really weird, so it's been hard to see the book available to buy on Book Depository and such-like, but I will work hard to be patient until it comes in for me here. I loved the first book, Hall of Smoke, so this also gives me more time for a re-read beforehand!



February


~ 15th - House of Sky and Breath (Crescent City #2) by Sarah J. Maas ACQUIRED

~ 15th - Bright Ruined Things by Samantha Cohoe

~ 15th - The Case Files of Jeweler Richard v1 [manga]

~ 15th - Blue Period v6 [manga] PREORDERED

~ 17th - The Embroidered Book by Kate Heartfield RESERVED LIBRARY

~ 22nd - The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea by Axie Oh RESERVED LIBRARY 

~ 22nd - Ragna Crimson v5 [manga] ORDERED


Ah, and here we are in February. The release of the awaited second book in the Crescent City series by Sarah J. Maas. You better believe I preordered this chonky bean, and read it immediately as soon as I had my little mitts on it. I really enjoyed it - perhaps not as much as the first book, but still really loved it. Really glad I preordered it, too!

Bright Ruined Things.... I...honestly have no idea why I put this on here? I don't even remember what it's about. I might need to look into it again XD

The Case Files of Jeweler Richard is an anime that one of my besterest friends recommended to me. I watched the whole thing and loved it, and wanted more. When I saw there was going to be a manga, I added it to this list immediately. Despite that... I still haven't ordered it or anything. I'm... not sure why. I need to rectify this. [Note: I just discovered this was a series of light novels first!]

Blue Period is a manga series that I absolutely love. (I am also aware that it's an anime series on Netflix, but I'm enjoying my experience with the manga so far, so I will probably be continuing in this way for now, and will probably watch the anime later on. I am absolutely brimming with excitement that volume 6 is on its way to me as we speak, particularly because one of my favourite characters is featured on the cover. Excitements!

The Embroidered Book had a bit of buzz around it coming into this year, and I have seen some booktubers I love really adoring it, so I added it to my list. I'm really happy that my local library is getting in a copy, so I will be giving it a go sometime soon and may get my own copy if I love it a lot.

The Girl Who Fell Beneath the Sea just sounded fantastic, and the cover is gorgeous. Also extremely happy that my local library will be getting a copy, and feeling very lucky that I have access to libraries. Yay libraries <3

Finally, another volume of Ragna Crimson. Huzzah!



March

~ 1st - Blue Period v5 [manga] ACQUIRED

~ 1st - The Ivory Key by Akshaya Raman

~ 2nd/3rd - The King’s Beast v5 [manga] ORDERED

~ 8th - Crowbones (The World of the Others #3) by Anne Bishop ORDERED

~ 8th - A Far Wilder Magic by Allison Saft


Okay, I recognise that volume five of Blue Period is in March, whilst volume six was in February, but look, I'm just doing the best I can, and so are the publishers. But, basically, volume six has been somewhat delayed, and I already have a copy of volume five, so... success! I guess?
The Ivory Key... another one that I saw a little bit of buzz about last year that I have since heard virtually nothing about, so I might need to get back to researching it.
Another volume of The King's Beast... more excitements...
Ah! Crowbones! I cannot describe how excited I am for this one to arrive. (Also, damn are these hardcovers expensive!). I started this year in a bit of a reading slump, so I started re-reading the books in The Others series, which The World of the Others is kind of a spin-off from. And these books are seriously such a comfort read for me. I wish I owned more of them in their beautiful hardcover goodness, but my collection is a bit sporadic. Nevertheless, happy to (hopefully soon) have this one to add!
And, finally, because this post is way too long already, we have A Far Wilder Magic. I am so intrigued by this one. It seems magical and dark and interesting. I want to see what other people are thinking of this one, but I may see about getting my hands on a copy soon. Because, I mean, clearly my TBR is not full enough?

And there you have it, folks! If anyone took the time to sit down and read through this, I am absolutely amazed. I really enjoyed writing this, but not sure anyone else is interested in my ramblings about anticipated releases. I am already getting excited about things coming out in April, though, so I will try and have that post up in a more timely manner, so it's less me summing things up, and more me jumping up and down (virtually, of course) with excitement.

Anything that came out in these months that you were excited for? Anything I didn't mention? Please do feel free to comment, though I also understand the way of the lurker <3

Love to all who read!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top