Tea Review: Sakura Latte

Sunday, April 21, 2013
Sakura Latte

picture taken on my phone!

A different kind of tea today, as it's actually a premix. While I normally avoid these simply because I find I can't always tell what's in them, I put aside those fears for this one since I LOVE everything sakura-related (cherry blossoms are awesome!). This comes in a small sachet weighing in at 104g and has a pink-coloured grainy powder inside.

Initial thoughts: This tea immediately produces a gorgeous floral scent upon the addition of hot water, and turns a cute pale pink colour. The first taste mimics its scent - floral and light - whilst also tasting a little (only a tiny bit) soapy because of the powder form it comes in. I admit that I was expecting this to taste horrible, but it's absolutely gorgeous.

Taste: Very light, almost fruity at times, but mostly floral. Can taste a bit soapy at times, but I am happy to get over that for the novelty of drinking Sakura tea! For a more indulgent taste, add milk to the powder instead of water and then heat in a microwave for about a minute (this also works with soymilk for the dairy-conscious, although I have a feeling the mix contains milk powder!).

Colour: Very pale pink. If allowed to sit, will produce little clouds of white on top like a foam.

Recommendations and thoughts: As this comes in quite a small package (all the way from Japan!), I would recommend saving this for a treat or special occasions. I ordered it especially to have on my favourite anime characters birthday on April 1st (Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura, for those who are wondering) and I couldn't be happier with the result.
Please mind that this may contain dairy and gluten - I am unsure as the ingredients are in Japanese and my Japanese isn't that good! As for as I can see, it does have some sort of creaming powder in it...

Overall rating: 4 out of 5 cups. This rating is very personal, however, because of my love of sakura. Nonetheless, a great treat for those who would like to try something a bit different.

Price: I bought mine from Jbox (a favourite website of mine for all things Japanese) and it cost $8USD plus some postage (I don't remember how much as I bought a few other things besides - sorry!). It's still available here! So, if you're interested, go try it out :)



Want me to review a tea? Let me know in the comment section below!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds very different! gotta love the Japanese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! They come up with some amazing stuff. :)

      Delete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top