Tea Review: English Breakfast [T2 and Twinings]

Sunday, July 22, 2012
So, here's the deal. I love tea. I love how it can help with an upset tummy, soothe a sore throat, put you to sleep or pep you up. It can even just be a general calmer. 
In Tea Reviews I will give you a few details of the tea, an overall rating, and some thoughts. If you see something you like, I encourage you to go and try the tea yourself! I'll often try and let you know where you can buy it or provide a link.
Enjoy!
(Psst! If you want me to review a specific tea, just comment and let me know! If you can provide a sample, that would be great too! <3)


English Breakfast

(Image Source: 1)

Initial thoughts: I might find it hard to play the impartial tea reviewer with this one because I have been drinking English Breakfast for as long as I can remember. This is such a comforting tea for me, especially with sugar and milk.

Taste: English Breakfast has often been described as having a strong flavour, but this isn't over-assertive (provided you don't steep for too long). The flavour is a little astringent, but comforting. When served with milk and sugar, it tastes almost caramel-like to me. 

Colour: A deep caramel.

Recommendations and thoughts: As this is a black tea it doesn't require the finicky water temperature that green teas do - 100 degrees Celsius is perfect. You can drink this black, with sugar, with milk - whatever suits your tastes. It can stand to be brewed for a few minutes, but unless you love extremely strong teas, I recommend not leaving it for too long. This tea is great with breakfast (as indicated by the name), but also in the afternoon as a pick-me-up.

Overall rating: 3.5 out of 5 cups. I find this tea to be such a comfort to me because of my past experiences, but I find it can be a bit overwhelming at certain times. A great tea nonetheless.

Price: Depending on the brand, you can find this tea just about anywhere. Twinings is a great company to go for, as is T2, but go for what tastes good to you. I personally prefer the loose leaf tea (how critical of me..) but tea bags are great too. You can usually get a small box of tea bags from your local supermarket for a few dollars.

1 comment:

  1. I have on more than one occasion thought to myself, "That must be one of the most beautiful sights in the world" when one adds milk to a dark English breakfast.

    What a beautiful word astringent is!

    I personally struggle to find the balance between too sweet and not nearly sweet enough. I think it's somewhere in between 1.25 and 1.5 teaspoons of sugar.

    ReplyDelete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top