Getting Back to Writing...

Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Hello my friends!

I am not really sure how to start this, but I am hardly ever very sure so I guess I'll just get into it and see how we go!

I have had a very long hiatus from my writing. Pre-moving house in September, I hadn't written much of anything creatively (I mean, I was still working on my blog here and there, so that certainly counts! But I mean my fictional work.) for about... ten months, maybe? I don't feel down on myself about this - I think I just needed to take that time to myself to process. I don't like forcing my writing, because it negatively impacts upon both my mental and physical health. And it often results in...not great work. Really subpar. So I just let myself take the time.

But lately, I've felt some stuff stirring again. I've started writing a couple of new things, and I am feeling more inspired to work when I have the energy to do so - which is not often, but often enough to mention.

In the spirit of that, I have been working on resurrecting my old Patreon page, which I haven't posted on in... two and half years or so. (Yep, I was pretty shocked. I really thought I had posted at least sometime last year...) What is a Patreon, you ask? (Or perhaps you don't, I don't know. Still going to explain, though.) Basically, it's a platform where you can support creators that you like/love with a bit of money, and you get some benefits in return. For me, that means you get access to reading my creative writing (nobody else will be seeing this until I decide to start looking for an agent... I have no idea when that will be.), and I am also working on putting up some other benefit tiers like an option where you get some snail mail from me, or get to vote and take part in a little book club if you so wish. I am absolutely open to other suggestions, so please get in touch if you'd like!

At the moment, I am making my page a bit more shiny and lovely, a bit more comfy-cozy and lived in. I am going to be posting something new on the 14th of this month, and I'd love to invite you to come throw a dollar or two in the tip jar. You absolutely don't have to, I appreciate anyone who reads my blog posts regardless, but a little bit of money would help me to move through life a little bit better, and also remind me that writing is something I love, and need to do more of.

Thanks for taking a look and, as always, love to all who read.





P.S. To get an idea of my writing, I would suggest searching back a ways on this blog to find some of my poetry and such. I have a tag (placed on this post) titled 'own work' which should help, as well as 'creative writing' and 'poetry' which should also take you to my work. It's a little on the older side - you'll have to forgive me for that - but it will give you an idea of what sort of things I like to write.

P.P.S. Ah, jeez, I just read some of my old work and... I promise I've gotten better. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? *winces*

1 comment:

  1. So, so proud of you for this wholehearted and courageous step ♥

    ReplyDelete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top