Anticipated Releases 2019

Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Hi guys! There's a few videos floating around on BookTube lately, with people talking about what books they are most anticipating for the rest of the year. I am quite excited about a few books, and I wanted to build the hype in myself a little bit, because it's actually really fun to get excited about new books coming out! At least, I think so... ^^;

Anyway, I've tried to organise these in order of when they're coming out, but the publication dates are subject to change so don't come after me if they're a bit off! :)

September


To Be Taught If Fortunate by Becky Chambers

Publication date: September 3rd 2019 (but also apparently released on August 8th so... already out!)

It's no secret that I adore Becky Chambers' work. Her books are so heartwarming and beautiful, and her characters make my heart sing. When I heard that she was releasing a little novella of sorts, I just added it to my list of books I wanted to read desperately, no questions asked.











The Harp of Kings by Juliet Marillier

Publication date: September 3rd 2019, but also released August 27th in different countries.

Another favourite author of mine - so much so that people have actually asked me if I knew about this coming out, because somewhere in the recesses of their minds they remembered me droning on and on about how much I adore Juliet Marillier's writing.
I actually already have my hands on an ARC copy of this, as I am extremely lucky and the publisher also kind of knew how much I adore her work. I am trying to savour my reading of this, but honestly I may reach a point where I just devour the rest of it whole.
Honestly, a new Juliet Marillier release is always worth celebrating, so just imagine many of the little party-popper emojis here to stand-in for my IRL excitement.



Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff

Publication date: September 3rd or 5th, depending on who you talk to, 2019

Ah, the third book in the Nevernight Chronicle. And the final book, too. I am currently rereading the second book (after rereading the first in July) and I have realised two things.


I adore this series.



And... I am not ready.






Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin

Publication date: September 3rd 2019

This one is a a debut novel from a new author and I have just found myself intrigued by the hype beginning to build around it. The premise also sounds interesting to me and... honestly, who am I kidding? I'm told it has a hate-to-love storyline, and that's my catnip. Sign me up for some witchy goodness.











Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir

Publication date: September 10th 2019

Guys, have you read the blurb for this? Have you seen this cover? I am just super interested in this one. On top of my initial interest, there's also glowing early reviews from some peeps that I really trust.

I am so ready for lesbian necromancers in space.











October


The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman

Publication date: October 3rd 2019

I cannot get over how gorgeous this cover is.

Anyway.

It took me a really long time to read all of His Dark Materials, but I absolutely adored it when I did. And then I read The Book of Dust: La Belle Sauvage last year and also adored that (I know some people hated it. that's okay. you do you.) So I am super excited to continue in the new trilogy, particularly because I believe this one is set after the events of His Dark Materials. Excitement!







The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons

Publication date: all over the shop, but the earliest one is October 29th 2019

I read the first book of this series, The Ruin of Kings, back when it came out. I remember thinking before I picked it up that it looked like a decent fantasy, maybe like it would be a good romp at least. And then I read it and the scope of that book was just incredible. It was ambitious, there were intense characters and plot developments, and even footnotes! So. Much. Stuff.

Needless to say, I am super intrigued as to where this series is going to go.





And that's all, my friends! There are probably several books that I have missed off of this list, but these are the ones that I have my eye on at the moment. I do have some others floating around in my periphery, like the Loki book that Mackenzi Lee is writing (equal parts super excited and super nervous about that one), but I wanted to keep this list fairly short. Please do let me know in the comments what books you're anticipating, or whether reading this has added some other books to your radar! Let's get excited about boooooks!

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top