READING || January 2019

Thursday, February 7, 2019
books read:
~ If You Come Softly by Jacqueline Woodson
~ Frida Kahlo by Zena Alkayat
~ From Here to Eternity: Travelling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty
~ The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons #1) by Jenn Lyons (review)
~ Blackbird Song by Randy Lundy (review)
~ The Empath's Survival Guide by Judith Orloff
~ The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves #1) by Roshani Chokshi (review)
~ White Stag (Permafrost #1) by Kara Barbieri (review)
~ The Way Home: Tales from a Life Without Technology by Mark Boyle
~ Turning the Tide on Plastic by Lucy Siegle
~ Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard
~ Windwitch (The Witchlands #2) by Susan Dennard
~ Sightwitch (The Witchlands #2.5) by Susan Dennard

currently reading:
~ Bloodwitch (The Witchlands #3) by Susan Dennard (review)
~ Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy #2) by S. A. Chakraborty
~ On the Come Up by Angie Thomas (review)

Phew. Okay. I have a reason for why this post is a bit late (aside from the usual "Chronic Illness is Stupid And Messes With All Your Plans"): I had planned on filming a video and putting my wrap-up on my YouTube channel. But, see, Chronic Illness Is Stupid... etc. So I kept meaning to do it and just never was able to. I might still manage it, but for now let's go old school with the blog post wrap-up and feel good about ourselves, mmkay?

Anyway, pretty good reading month! I read a lot of pretty interesting and fantastic things. If you watched my video over on my channel, you'll know that I really only have two main goals for my reading at the moment: 1) treat myself to at least one book a month, and 2) read at least two nonfiction per month. Well I knocked both of those out of the park. I preordered Kingdom of Copper in January - it arrived yesterday and I am loving it already! - as well as buying six books secondhand. *pats self on the back* As for nonfiction? I read five nonfiction this month. And I pretty much enjoyed all of them, so that's an extra win! So I'm pretty pleased with that and hoping to keep the momentum going.

On to stand-out reads! This month had quite a few books that I was mostly just okay about, but quite a few really great ones, too. The ones I really want to gush about are: White Stag by Kara Barbieri - this one sounded pretty good, and then I started reading and could not put it down. I really just want the next book now... Also The Way Home by Mark Boyle was right up my alley - living in the country, working the land, talking about social media and its impact on mental health? Yes, please.

Also, all of the Witchlands books have been really great reads. I am currently reading Bloodwitch and finding it so fantastic but also kind of stressful because THE STAKES ARE SO BIBBLING HIGH *cough* but I digress. These books are just wonderful fantasy to get lost in, and that's really my favourite kind. I don't know how I am going to go with the rest of this one, and how I'm going to wait for the next one, but I am pretty excited that another two books are on the docket. Yay.

What are you guys reading? Have you preordered anything? Comment down belowwww.

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top