Reading // August & September 2018

Monday, October 1, 2018
Going to do a wrap-up here, but might also do a September Wrap-up over on my channel, since I finally posted a new video! Getting there, getting there...

Anyway, here's what I read in August and September!

AUGUST

books read:
~ Soulful Simplicity: How Living with Less Can Lead to So Much More by Courtney Carver
~ Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
~ City of Lies (Poison Wars #1) by Sam Hawke (review)
~ Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone #2) by Jill Shalvis (review)
~ Circe by Madeline Miller
~ Kid Gloves: Nine Months of Careful Chaos by Lucy Knisley
~ Competence (Custard Protocol #3) by Gail Carriger
~ Restoration (Verity Fassbinder #3) by Angela Slatter (review)
~ Wabi Sabi: Japanese Wisdom for a Perfectly Imperfect Life by Beth Kempton (review)
~ The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura
~ The Raven King (The Raven Boys #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
~ The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own by Joshua Becker
~ Open Earth by Sarah Mirk (review)


SEPTEMBER

books read:
~ The Year of Less by Cait Flanders
~ Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles #1) by Isobelle Carmody
~ The Farseekers (Obernewtyn Chronicles #2) by Isobelle Carmody
~ Night and Day by Virginia Woolf
~ The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke (review)
~ A Curse of Ash and Embers (Tales of the Blackbone Witches #1) by Jo Spurrier (review)


Okay, wow. It feels strange seeing it all laid out like that. I actually forgot that I hadn't done a wrap-up of what I read in August - things have been really up and down with my energy levels lately (mostly down haha) and I think when the time came to write the blog I just couldn't summon the energy to do it. And then I figured I'd just write it later... just didn't realise how much later, I guess!

Anywho, here we are. 13 books in August, 6 in September. August was a pretty good reading month for me - I got through quite a lot of things, including some pretty sizeable books like City of Lies and the remainder of The Raven Cycle books, which I ended up adoring.

September has fewer books because I moved house in September, and I am still settling in at the new place, but I already love it quite a lot. Once I am less exhausted, I can see myself getting much thing done here. MUCH THING.

Standouts over the past two months? The ones that stick out in my mind at the moment are The Raven Cycle books, because I still think about them even now; Wabi Sabi because it was basically almost everything I adore in a book; Night and Day was just such a wonderful and involving read, and the first book I finished in the new house which I believe I will remember forever; and The Boneless Mercies, because that book was just dang brilliant.

I'm going to try and film a wrap-up for September properly for this week, so be sure to check out my channel for new videos that will be going up!

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top