Picture Books I've Been Reading Lately #3

Wednesday, October 31, 2018
I have been a bit in burnout mode lately and, while reading is still happening, I find I go best with small, easy-to-consume stuff. Picture books fit the bill quite nicely. So here are another few that I have read - my favourite from this roundup? Me and My Fear by Francesca Sanna.


When I was a Child by Andy Stanton and David Litchfield (published by Hodder Children's Books in October 2018)

goodreads
book depository

Absolutely glorious images in this one - beautiful and evocative of what it's like to use your imagination in childhood - and in adulthood. I found myself poring over the images trying to find all the little things secreted away - a wonderful thing to do alone or with a little-un. 

I personally found I didn't relate to the story terribly strongly with this one, but honestly found that the images more than make up for that. A beauty to admire.






Me and My Fear by Francesca Sanna (published by Flying Eye Books in September 2018)

goodreads
book depository

I am so blown away by this book. The art style is absolutely wonderful and makes me feel joyful just to look at it - I think the colour scheme is also really wonderful as the oranges and blues dominate a lot and just seem to really work here. The story itself - about a little girl moving to a new country and how her fear (which is given form in this story) grows with the move - is just wonderful and I really connected to it. I haven't had to move to a new country myself, but I really liked the idea of others being able to see my little (or not-so-little) fear buddy and be able to show me their own. A lovely book that I highly recommend to everyone.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top