Reading // June & July 2018

Saturday, August 11, 2018
Okay, so originally I had planned to do a reading wrap-up on my YouTube channel instead of on here, but that just never really happened... And then I got sick... So now two months of wrap-ups on one suuppperrrr poooostttt! :D

JUNE

books read:
~ All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater (TBR)
~ Shinrin Yoku: The Art of Japanese Forest Bathing by Yoshifumi Miyazaki
~ A Month of Sundays by Liz Byrski (review)
~ A Quick & Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns by Archie Bongiovanni and Tristan Jimerson
~ Too Like the Lightning (Terra Ignota #1) by Ada Palmer (TBR)
~ Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
~ Turning Confusion into Clarity by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche


JULY

books read:
~ Reservoir 13  by Jon McGregor (TBR)
~ The Minimalist Home by Joshua Becker (review)
~ Goodbye, Things by Fumio Sasaki (reread)
~ City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy #1) by S. A. Chakraborty
~ The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater (reread)
~ Amazing Australian Women by Pamela Freeman (review)
~ Bonkers About Beetles by Owen Davy (review)
~ The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
~ House of Dreams: The Life of L. M. Montgomery by Liz Rosenberg (review)
~ Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy #1) by Robin Hobb (readalong)
~ The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House by Audre Lorde
~ The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
~ Record of a Spaceborn Few (Wayfarers #3) by Becky Chambers
~ Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik (review)

currently reading:
~ The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) by Maggie Stiefvater
~ Obernewtyn (Obernewtyn Chronicles #1) by Isobelle Carmody

Okay, wow. That took some doing. June was a bit of a slow reading month for me, but I more than made up for that in July when I was capable of reading.

I have read some really wonderful things lately, and that is shown on my goodreads in the amount of five stars I am giving out lately. Just a small list of five star reads lately: All the Crooked Saints, Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People About Race, City of Brass, The Poet X, pretty much all the books so far in the Raven Cycle that I've read, Record of a Spaceborn Few, Spinning Silver... The list is pretty extensive, actually. So even while I was dealing with sickness on top of sickness, I was at least reading some pretty great stuff!

You may see a few review things in there, and, to be honest, I am just getting around to reviewing them now. So look forward to seeing those reviews, I guess? Record of a Spaceborn Few is already up, with quite a few others to come.

I think that's all I've got to say about my reading in the past two months, because I am tired and have the aforementioned multiple book reviews to start writing! But, as always, thanks for reading, and I hope you have something wonderful to read, too.

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top