Reading // March 2018

Friday, April 6, 2018
books read:
~ The Modern Cook's Year by Anna Jones (review)
~ Little Whale by Jo Weaver (review)
~ A-Z of Australian Animals by Jennifer Cossins (review)
~ Bird Builds a Nest by Martin Jenkins (review)
~ Women & Power: A Manifesto by Mary Beard
~ Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
~ Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik
~ SHE: A Celebration of Renegade Women by Harriet Hall (review)
~ Lucky Button by Michael Morpurgo (review)
~ The Art of Living by Thich Nhat Hanh

currently reading:
~ The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (re-readalong with my friend Winx)
~ various cozy mysteries because I just can't at the moment...

Wow. Actually a fairly review heavy month. And I thought I was actually doing kind of badly with that. But I reviewed five or six books this month... maybe seven, looking back now, because I reviewed a couple that I read last month, too. O_O Wow.

Anyway. I actually read a little less than I would have liked this month, but that was mostly due to the gigantic flare of all my illnesses this month that took me out about halfway through. I have had to withdraw from study (I am feeling okay about this because I needed to rest more than anything) and have spent about a week and a half just kind of... trying to recover. I am still not back to 'normal operating speeds', but I am doing pretty okay.

One of the biggest surprises this month in terms of my reading was Song of a Captive Bird, which came in my (birthday) PageHabit box (I am not affiliated with PageHabit, I just really love what they do...). Having the annotations by the author was amazing and made the whole reading experience just that much more wonderful. I didn't expect to, but I absolutely sped through this book and really loved it. 

I am already doing pretty well so far in April, I have read about three or four books, so I am hoping for that to continue even though my brain is kind of dead lately! Wish me luck.

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top