Reading // July 2017

Tuesday, August 1, 2017
books read:
~ A Table in the Orchard by Michelle Crawford (re-read)
~ Solar Bones by Mike McCormack (review)
~ A Year in Paris by Janice MacLeod (review)
~ Corpselight (Verity Fassbinder #2) by Angela Slatter (review)
~ Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo
~ The Just City (Thessaly #1) by Jo Walton
~ The Philosopher Kings (Thessaly #2) by Jo Walton
~ Tinman by Sarah Winman (review)
~ The Magician's Nephew (Narnia #1/#6 depending on who you talk to) by C. S. Lewis (co-read with Xin)
~ Lady Midnight (Dark Artifices #1) by Cassandra Clare
~ Eat Sweat Play: How Sport Can Change Our Lives by Anna Kessel

currently reading:
~ The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu (buddy read)
~ My Family and Other Animals by Gerard Durrell
~ Necessity (Thessaly #3) by Jo Walton

This month was actually pretty good for reading (*is surprised*). I have been feeling like I was heading into a slump basically all month, so to see everything written out in black and white is actually really interesting. Wow.

I needed comfort reading this month, so I was re-reading A Table in the Orchard for probably the fifth time. So lovely. Dreams.

Many review books followed this! If you want to read the reviews, I will link the ones that are up at the moment, but some are still coming.

The Thessaly books were a surprise which just kind of jumped in and took over my brain for a few days. I am working my way through the third book now, and I can honestly say that these books are fantastic. I wouldn't mind owning them (I've been reading copies from the library).

Lady Midnight was a foray back into the world of the shadowhunters and honestly, I am... still a little confused as to whether I really enjoyed this or not. I mean, I did, but also... such drama, such pain, such OW.  

And finally, Eat Sweat Play  made me really think, made me want to get back into sport (a feat in itself), and made me a little angry but also hopeful. Highly recommend.

Sorry for the short sentences, guys, I am preeettyy exhausted at the time of writing. Just a note - I have brought back my booktube channel! It's still at Butterfly Elephant Books on YouTube, so feel free to head on over and check it out, and maybe leave a comment!

What are you reading at the moment? Anything wonderful?

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top