Reading // May 2017

Saturday, June 3, 2017
Books read:
~ Behind the Throne (The Indranan War #1) by K. B. Wagers
~ Etched in Bone (The Others #5) by Anne Bishop
~ Badgerlands: The Twilight World of Britain's Most Enigmatic Animal by Patrick Barkham
~ The Forest for the Trees: An Editor's Advice to Writers by Betsy Lerner
~ Lumberjanes vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson
~ Lumberjanes vol. 2: Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson
~ Lumberjanes vol. 3: A Terrible Plan by Noelle Stevenson
~ Lumberjanes vol. 4: Out of Time by Noelle Stevenson
~ Lumberjanes vol. 5: Band Together by Noelle Stevenson
~ Hidden Nature: A Voyage of Discovery by Alys Fowler (review)
~ Understory: A Life With Trees by Inga Simpson (review)
~ Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

~ How to Write Good by Ryan Higa (review)
~ Testosterone Rex: Myths of Sex, Science, and Society by Cordelia Fine

Currently reading:
~ Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (I have stalled badly on this one, guys. I don't know why, because it is beautifully written.)
~ Voyager (Outlander #3) by Diana Gabaldon
~ Beyond the Pale: Folklore, Family, and the Mystery of Our Hidden Genes by Emily Urquhart
~ The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate by Peter Wohlleben


I read nine books this month, and five graphic novels. Pretty good, if I do say so myself!

The weather is getting colder her in Australia as we head into Winter, and I am loving all the days with rain or just generally cold weather where I can get cozy on the couch with blankets, my cat, and my books. Unfortunately, quite a few of them have kind of been spent with me watching tv more, due to migraine symptoms and being unable to focus my eyes on printed words, but I still got quite a lot done and I am feeling kind of chuffed.

Out of the nine novels/books, seven were actually non-fiction, which fills me with happiness because I have been trying to read more non-fiction. In particular, I got back into nature writing this month, which was so wonderful - there is just something so relaxing about it for me. One that really deserves a mention there is Understory - I love that book so much.

I don't really want to go on for too long this time, so I will just say that I had a really good month for reading, despite some irritating symptoms, and I am already reading more for June. Oh, and I have already completed my Goodreads challenge of reading 52 books this year so... that's pretty awesome.

Huzzah for reading!

Love to all who read. (See what I did there?)

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top