Reading // March 2017

Sunday, April 2, 2017
Books read:
~ The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
~ Frogkisser by Garth Nix (review)
~ Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1) by Susan Dennard
~ Miracles Happen by Dr Brian L. Weiss
~ Woman in the Wilderness by Miriam Lancewood (review)
~ Same Soul, Many Bodies by Dr Brian L. Weiss
~ The Birdman's Wife by Melissa Ashley
~ Happy and Whole by Magdalena Roze (review)
~ The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency #1) by John Scalzi (review)

Currently reading:
~ A Writer's Diary: Being Extracts from the Diary of Virginia Woolf, edited by Leonard Woolf
~ Memoirs of a Polar Bear by Yoko Tawada (review)
~ Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

I decided to change the structure of these wrap-ups again, because the new style just wasn't working for me. I prefer being able to look at a list, as it gives me more of an idea of what I have actually gotten through, and how many review books I have gotten through each month.

I am really pleased with how much I got through this month, and I think - in a weird way - that I have the multiple illnesses I had during the month to thank for that. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep this month because of being sick, and that meant I was distracting myself from discomfort through reading and watching things.

I read a lot of fantastic books this month, and I branched out a little bit, too, which was great. Two of the books were the ones I got from the Perth Writer's Festival in February - The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton and The Birdman's Wife by Melissa Ashley. Both were absolutely fantastic. The underlying sense of threat and the character development in The Miniaturist had me enthralled, and the wonderful nature writing and beautiful way Ashley weaved together the tale of Elizabeth Gould gave me such a warm glow.

All of the review books I read in this month were fantastic, too. There was a range there as well - one fantasy, one memoir, one cookbook, and one scifi. That might also have something to do with how much I read, actually, as the variety made each book nice and fresh.

On to April! I am currently really loving Virginia Woolf's diaries - her writing is so honest and involved... I find it hard to properly describe. Maybe I will have more luck next month!

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top