{2016} November Reading

Friday, December 2, 2016
I am a little, tiny, weeny bit late this month because I am actually attempting to type things without the use of one of my fingers since I cut it open a few days ago and am still waiting for it to heal properly. I am doing okay so far.... XD Onwards!

Books bought/received:
~ War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
~ Remarkable Birds by Mark Avery
~ Ride Free by Jessica Whitman (review)
~ Aisuru by Anma Natsu (review)
~ Someone to Love by Mary Balogh (review)

Books read:
~ Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
~ Asteroid Made of Dragons by G. Derek Adams
~ Spirited: Taking Paganism Beyond the Circle by Gede Parma
~ The Encyclopedia of Early Earth by Isabel Greenberg
~ Wind/Pinball: Two Novels by Haruki Murakami
~ The Slow Fix: Solve Problems, Work Smarter and Live Better in a World Addicted to Speed by Carl Honore
~ Kew Gardens by Virginia Woolf
~ Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch #1) by Ann Leckie

Library books are wonderful things.


Right! Given my finger is kind of difficult to manage at the moment, this post may be a bit brief. I had a really good reading month! I finished Anna Karenina, which was pretty amazing and was a classic I had always wanted to try. I found it to be really accessible and, if you are wondering about Russian literature, I do recommend it.

All the books I read this month were either my own or borrowed out from the library. [Review books didn't get much of a look-in this month...] I will mention a couple of the standouts: The Encyclopedia of Early Earth is a graphic novel that I have been wanting to read for some time and when it finally came in at the library for me I gulped it down in one sitting. It really is fantastic and left me thinking about world cultures for some time afterwards.

Another honourable mention goes to Ancillary Justice - a book I wanted to read and then stumbled across in a secondhand bookstore in Japan, of all places. (I still have the '500Yen' sticker on the front and refuse to remove it.) I remember reading about 120 pages back when I bought it, but ended up putting it down in favour of another book, so when I returned to it this month I decided to restart it so I could get the full picture properly. This is definitely a book you need to pay attention to whilst reading, but if you can manage that, it is amazing. I have already started the next one.

Amazing and beautiful bird books are a weakness of mine~


I am already well into a couple of books and hoping to finish them soon, plus I have more reserves coming in at the library that I am excited about. Yay for using your local library!

How was your November? Did you read anything wonderful?

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top