{2016} September Reading

Sunday, October 2, 2016
Hooo boyyy I did not do a lot of reading this month. But I think that is to be expected since a lot was going on (moving house, organising mail, trying to make sure our cat didn't flip out, to name a few) and my health has not been in the best condition since... January. XD

Anyway, let's take a look at what I got and what I read!

Books bought/received:
~ Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (review)
~ Heartless by Marissa Meyer (review)
~ Grown & Gathered by Matt and Lentil Purbrick (review)
~ Den of Wolves by Juliet Marillier (review/finished copy)
~ Imprudence (The Custard Protocol #2) by Gail Carriger
~ [also received some wonderful books from my dear friend Skye, but I am a bit too tired to list them here! Plus at the moment they are my private treasure so...]

this is what Heartless looked like when it arrived!


Books read:
~ The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
~ Prudence (The Custard Protocol #1) by Gail Carriger
~ Herbal Remedies: Using Herbs for Stress Relief and Common Ailments by Sue Hawkey

lots of rest lately, when I can, but not a whole lot of reading!

Well, so. Only three books this month. I am actually okay with that because I am reading a lot of books at the moment and so many of them will probably get finished next month. (you saw the 'books bought/received' list!)

The Little Paris Bookshop was a wonderful read, and just what I needed during the stress of the move, with all the packing and whatnot. My mum lent it to me and I am so grateful she did, because it was so relaxing and wonderful, and made me a little more chilled out than I could have been.

Prudence is a book I started aaages ago, but then put it up on a shelf and kind of forgot about it. I love Gail Carriger's writing though, and it was so wonderful to get back into this story and fall in love with Prudence, Primrose, Percy, and Quesnel (and rediscover old favourites from the Parasol Protectorate series!). I just got Imprudence (book 2) yesterday and have already jumped in!

I recently decided that I need to follow my passions a little more, and research things that I am interested in, thus the book on Herbalism. I am very interested in the ways herbs can help our body and, given that lately my stomach seems to only be calmed by chamomile tea, I think now is a positively wonderful time for me to be researching into this matter. I am also looking into fairytales and mythology that has come out of the UK, as I am fascinated by that, too!

At least Pepper seems to be relaxing...


What are you reading at the moment? Do you drink tea during your reading times?

Love to all who read!



0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top