{2016} August Reading

Thursday, September 1, 2016
Wow, I kind of can't believe it's already September. Wow. I will be moving house this month so there may be a little less from me on the blog. Just a heads up!

Book bought/received:
~ Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
~ The Course of Love by Alain de Botton
~ Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
~ The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye
~ The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi
~ There May Be a Castle by Piers Torday (review)
~ Undying: A Love Story bu Michel Faber

new purchases!



Books read:
~ Spotless Pets by Jennifer Fleming and Shannon Lush (review)
~ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter #8) by J. K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne (review)
~ Woman Code by Alisa Vitti
~ Den of Wolves (Blackthorn & Grim #3) by Juliet Marillier (review to come)
~ Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff
~ The Anxiety Book by Elisa Black (review)
~ The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home (Fairyland #5) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ Meadowland by John Lewis-Stempel
~ The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry
~ Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo


oh man, so many favourite things.

Wow! This month was actually surprisingly good. A few review books in there, and then some books that I picked up on a whim and ended up adoring! For more info on the ones I reviewed, please click the links above :)

A few of the books that really took me by surprise were Nevernight by Jay Kristoff, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, and The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry. I also adored Meadowland but I kind of expected to! The Essex Serpent I bought because quite a few of my favourite booktubers were singing its praises, and I felt like something a little different. It took me a while to really get into it, but it was so interesting and delightfully weird at times that I found myself completely drawn in. Nevernight I picked up at a store randomly - I originally decided not to buy a copy because Kristoff's Stormdancer books had kind of fallen a bit flat for me. I am so glad I changed my mind, though, because I absolutely adored Nevernight. It was so engrossing and fantastical, the character voices were fantastic, and even weeks after I have finished it I am still thinking about it. Finally, Six of Crows. This one was recommended over and over, but I wasn't sure. The sample on my kindle seemed alright but not amazing. And then I finally got my hands on a copy and absolutely gobbled it up. I am now among the thousands who are making grabby hands at the next book, due out on the 27th of September. (Huzzah!)



the first BookBathBox ever! I can't wait for the next one...

I also got the first ever BookBathBox this month and am so pleased with it! I backed this venture on Kickstarter and have not regretted my decision for a moment. I am about to move houses to a place that actually has a bath tub so I can properly enjoy everything from this box in my own home, and I am giddy with excitement over that. Books and baths and tea! Oh my!

What are you reading at the moment? I am reading The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George partly because my mum lent it to me, and partly because I needed something a little softer and more lyrical to smooth my way into Spring. Do you have any books that make you think of Spring? Love to all who read!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top