Inspiration Fixation

Monday, August 22, 2016
I felt like doing a slightly different post today, because I realised that I have some things that I go back to, time and again, for renewed inspiration. Today I rewatched a video that inspired me so much when it was first aired back in 2014 that I started to change my life quite a bit.

It isn't any secret to those that know me that I love watching Good Game (a tv show aired on ABC2 and a kids version on ABC3. You can also find them on youtube here if you can't access Aussie tv!). I've actually been watching it for years, ever since my brother introduced me to it. It's a great way for me to bond with my brother and also my husband, and find out about new games coming out that I might like to play (zombie games are still a big no from me, though, so I tend to read if they're reviewing one like that!). I wouldn't call myself a serious gamer, but I am definitely a gamer of sorts - I just tend to turn to books more often than games. Right now, for example, I am playing Dragon Age: Inquisition, and have played it for about 40 hours so far.

Anyway, when Hex got a chance to do an episode on her role at Good Game, and also her life in general, I watched it and rewatched it too many times to count. I loved it - and I realised that I hadn't really been forming my own style for some time. Her style was so similar to my own tastes that I found myself...yearning. For the life I was supposed to be living. And I feel like I have tried, more or less, to get towards that life, since that day. It may sound kind of odd, and perhaps you will watch this video and wonder what on earth I am talking about, but sometimes the strangest things can be like a wake-up call to others, saying 'you want a life like this? then what are you waiting for?'

This was a bit of a wake-up call for me. I hope you enjoy it, too! (psst! this is just part of the episode! if you want the full episode, with all of Hex's favourite games, look for Good Game Season 10 Episode 25 on youtube!)




0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top