{2016} May Reading

Wednesday, June 1, 2016
delicious crumpets and tea, plus some reading!


Books bought/received:
~ Spotless Pets by Jennifer Fleming and Shannon Lush (review)
~ Gate of Lilacs: A Verse Commentary on Proust by Clive James (review)
~ The Anxiety Book by Elisa Black (review)
~ Stiletto (Rook #2) by Daniel O'Malley (review)
~ Collected Poems by Judith Wright (review)
~ The Shadow Hour (The Girl at Midnight #2) by Melissa Grey (review)
~ Shadowbound (Dark Arts #1) by Bec McMaster
~ Nobody's Hero (Burned Lands #1) by Bec McMaster
~ Breathing Under Water by Sophie Hardcastle (review)
~ The View from the Cheap Seats by Neil Gaiman (review)
~ Something New by Lucy Knisley (review)

I was so excited when this arrived!


Books read:
~ The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood (review)
~ Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Natasha Campbell-McBride
~ A Natural History of Dragons (Memoirs of Lady Trent #1) by Marie Brennan
~ Life on Air by David Attenborough
~ Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2) by Diana Gabaldon
~ Black Jade (Celestial Battle #3) by Kylie Chan (review)
~ The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell #1) by Laurie R. King
~ A Monstrous Regiment of Women (Mary Russell #2) by Laurie R. King
~ A Letter of Mary (Mary Russell #3) by Laurie R. King
~ A Table in the Orchard by Michelle Crawford (reread!)

Pepper decided I had read enough for that day...


I received so many review books this month that I am feeling kind of behind! Only two review books done, but I am slowly working on some others that I have. 

As you can see in my books read list, I started the month by finishing off a huge textbook-like tome on Gut and Psychology Syndrome, a book which talks about a diet that could possibly help me out with all my illnesses, particularly my IBS. Getting started on it is proving kind of difficult, though, as it feels a bit complex, but I am slowly trying to get there ^^;

I did a lot of reading for myself this month, rather than review stuff. It was really nice actually, and if I hadn't of had a bit of a slump during the month thanks to a flu that I am having trouble shaking, I think I would have read quite a bit more. 

A lovely reread and some Pepper and snuggle time.


I discovered a new favourite booktuber (Winx and Ink) this month and it is thanks to her love of certain series, such as the Memoirs of Lady Trent and the Mary Russell books, that led me on new paths of reading. In the Mary Russell books in particular I found stories that made me feel happy and comfortable - which is making me want to go back and read the actual Sherlock Holmes stories properly! As you can see, I got through three of the Mary Russell books, and I am actually reading the fourth at the moment.

The David Attenborough book was such an enjoyable read, and you can really hear his voice in the writing. It is another wonderful addition to my autobiography collection, which I only started a couple of months ago :P I am looking forward to continuing on with this sort of reading!

Speaking of continuing on with reading, I am so happy to have finished another Outlander book. But, man, they can be so intense! 950 pages worth of stuff happening, and then Gabaldon ends it on a cliff-hanger. Dammit.

Cute kitty with heater, plus reading~


Looking back on my list, it's quite a variable bunch and I am fairly happy with that, though I think it could definitely stand to be more diverse!

What have you been reading this month? 

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top