{2016} January Reading

Monday, February 1, 2016
Okay, I know I have taken a few months off from this (November and December from last year kind of slipped away without recognition of my reading really...) but I really do enjoy these wrap-ups because it indicates to me what I was feeling like reading (particularly now that I don't show what I am reading for the Aurealis Awards) and buying. Onwards!

Books bought/received:
~ The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland #1) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland #2) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two (Fairyland #3) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Boy Who Lost Fairyland (Fairyland #4) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Exhibit by Lauren Eggert-Crowe
~ Empowered Fertility: A Practical Twelve-Step Guide by Claire Hall with Dr Devora Lieberman (review)



Books read:
~ Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
~ The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland #1) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (Fairyland #2) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two (Fairyland #3) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ The Boy Who Lost Fairyland (Fairyland #4) by Catherynne M. Valente
~ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4) by J. K. Rowling
~ Then Came You (Animal Magnetism #5) by Jill Shalvis

Well. You can see that I well and truly caught the Fairyland bug this month - after a few months of on and off reading the first book. I got to about chapter four and then I was lost. Chatting to Xin about the books and even having him read a bit of it to me at one point led us to wandering to Planet Books (my favourite local bookshop) and buying books two, three, and four. Book one had to be ordered but arrived a few days ago and, yes, I am gently rereading it for the sheer joy.

My Fairyland experience is bookended by finishing the final Lunar Chronicles book - which I enjoyed quite a bit, but not as much as the Fairyland books - and finally reading book five of the Animal Magnetism series. I found it good, but somehow didn't connect with the characters as much as I usually do - not sure why. (Could be my mourning the fact that I had no more new Fairyland books to read until the final one comes out in March...) Just the seventh book of Animal Magnetism to go!

Of course, finishing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire fit in there somewhere, too, as I am very far behind the read-along at the moment!



I am currently reading the Empowered Fertility book I requested to review - not because I want to get pregnant, but because research has indicated to me that being healthy and fertile could help with a few of my ongoing issues. And I have to say, I am enjoying it more than I thought. Review to come for sure.

All things considered, I think I started the new year off quite well. Here's to more wonderful reading in the future!

What are you reading at the moment? Have you ever had trouble getting into something and then suddenly 'got the bug' and found you couldn't get enough?

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top