little pieces of poetry #6

Tuesday, September 22, 2015



Everything I do
and everything I am
are collections of words

words surround me
appear within my mind when I look
slide out of my mouth, dancing along my tongue

I used to want to cut
myself open
just to see the letters fall to the ground

I don’t write as much anymore
because each time I do
the letters that keep my heart pumping
my brain working
my eyes looking
are lost to those
who would not use them properly.


***


And because that piece was a little deep and intense (to me, at least) have a piece I wrote about my dog chasing her tail... :D

***





Fur and fuzz and flying fluff
never ever have enough
Tight and textured, tying tangle
cannot see from another angle.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top