{2014} December Reading

Thursday, January 1, 2015
Books bought:
~ Saga Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

Books received:
Aurealis Awards...
~ Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier
~ This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner
~ The Caller by Juliet Marillier
~ Clariel by Garth Nix
~ Book of Days by K.A. Barker
~ The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty
~ Afterworld by Lynnette Lounsbury

Review books...
~ Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula by Andi Watson
~ The Sculptor by Scott McCloud
~ Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

gifts...
~ Kaleidoscope edited by Alisa Krasnostein
~ I am a Cat by Soseki Natsume
~ The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
~ All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
~ The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
~ Written in Red by Anne Bishop
~ A Trifle Dead by Livia Day
~ Pantomime by Laura Lam


Books read:
~ Bespelled by Dani Kristoff (AA)
~ Pickles and Ponies by Laura May (AA)
~ Impossible Magic by J.F.R. Coates (AA)
~ Altaica by Tracy M. Joyce (AA)
~ Immagica by K.A. Last (AA)
~ Raven Stone by A.K. Gallagher (AA)
~ The Scales of Time by Josephine Crakovic (AA)
~ Uncle Adolf by Craig Cormick (AA)
~ The Other Shore by Hoa Pham (AA)
~ This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner (AA)
~ Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula by Andi Watson (R)
~ More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
~ The Sculptor by Scott McCloud (R)
~ Saga Vol. 4 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
~ The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
~ Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (R)
~ Daughters of the Storm by Kim Wilkins (AA)

Phew! I actually started writing this post thinking I hadn't really read that much this month, but once I started looking through my goodreads and my little notebook, I realised that was a bit of a lie. XD This month was pretty good!

First of all, I must address the fact that I bought a book during my book buying ban. I know. For shame! But I actually don't feel that guilty about it because I have still been really good and just waiting around for Christmas and thinking about the books I was getting then (I knew I was getting at least a couple) helped me to feel okay about not buying any for myself. Plus, Saga Vol. 4 came out and both Xin and I really wanted to read it so... *shrugs*

Anyway, onto what I read! Quite a few Aurealis books this month! 11 in total I believe, unless my counting is off. We really are getting to the pointy end of things with the awards now so I am picking up my reading pace to keep up with the other people on my panel. I have a little counter on the blog that I am trying to keep updated, too, so you can see where I'm at. A couple of the ones I read this month were real surprises, so that was good.

A few review books came through for me this month, too. Two that I had previously requested from First Second Books (Princess Decomposia and The Sculptor) arrived to squeals of excitement from me, and immediate reading even though I need to save my reviews until closer to their release dates next year. Red Queen was a surprise that turned up on my doorstep, and a welcome surprise at that. Again, have to save the review for that one, too.

I am super excited about my gift haul for this month - Christmas was kind to me this year. My dear friend Katharine from ventureadlaxre gifted me with three books that I squealed over. I immediately picked up Kaleidoscope when it arrived as I had heard such good things about it, but am slowly working my way through it. The other two (A Trifle Dead and Pantomime) are sitting eagerly on my TBR list, waiting for their chance.

I have been thinking about reading challenges and such for next year, and have come up with one that makes me a little excited and hopefully will help ease the pressure of my TBR list, too. I will dedicate a separate post to that, though, so you can check it out.

What are you reading at the moment? Did you get any good books for Christmas?

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top