{2014} October Reading

Saturday, November 1, 2014
Books bought:
~ More Fool Me by Stephen Fry
~ Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
~ Harsh Cry of the Heron and Heaven's Net is Wide by Lian Hearn
~ Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
~ Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley
~ ORDERED: French Milk by Lucy Knisley
~ ORDERED: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Library Book Sale...
~ Japan: Masterpieces from the Idemitsu Collection
~ Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
~ The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
~ The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
~ Paradise by Toni Morrison
~ Room by Emma Donoghue
~ Aikido book (for Xin)

Books received:
Aurealis Awards...
{Please note, from now on since we are receiving so many entries and it's hard to remember what I received when, I am only going to list physical books that I have received for AA, not ebooks. If you would like the full list of nominations at present, please visit my goodreads shelf to see!}
~ Allegiance by Wanda Wiltshire
~ Nymph by Tonya Alexandra
~ Shadow Sister by Carole Wilkinson
~ Daughters of the Storm by Kim Wilkins

Review books...
~ The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
~ Phantazein edited by Tehani Wessely

Gifts...
~ This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl (with others)
~ Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth
~ Unclean Spirits by M.L.N. Hanover

Books read:
~ The Lascar's Dagger by Glenda Larke (AA)
~ Demon Dei by L. J. Hayward (AA)
~ More Fool Me by Stephen Fry
~ Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley
~ Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley
~ The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
~ Phantazein edited by Tehani Wessely
~ The Sorcerer's Spell by Dani Kristoff (AA)
~ Drama Queens and Adult Themes by Kevin Klehr (AA)
~ Beckoning Blood by Daniel de Lorne (AA)
~ Allegiance by Wanda Wiltshire (AA)
~ Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach


I originally set myself the goal of getting through 15 books this month, at least 11 of which were to be Aurealis books. Well, I got to 12... with half of those being AA. Ah well. I'm still doing better than last month! (Way better!) I'm actually really pleased with the amount of Aurealis reading I did this month, but I want to keep increasing it if I can.

As you can see, I got a LOT of books this month. Not just bought by me, but sent to me from friends and such. So many books! My local libraries had a book sale last weekend and so I wandered around two of them and picked up a few lovely things. I also got back into graphic novels a bit this month - I enjoyed Seconds, but I LOVED Relish. I have already made two of the recipes she mentions, and one of them (for chai/spiced tea) I have made multiple times. Just delightful.

Towards the end of the month I started to feel a little stressed by all the things happening at the moment, and I just wanted something to comfort me and give me some joy, so I picked up Fortune's Pawn, the first book of the Pandora trilogy by Rachel Bach. It had been sitting on my bedside table for weeks - borrowed out from the library - just waiting for me to read it, so I finally gave in and picked it up. I'm so glad I did! I am currently reading the second book - Honour's Knight - and enjoying it immensely. I wouldn't say these are my absolute favourite books of all time just yet, but they are just what I need at the moment.

What are you reading at the moment? Is there anything in my books bought/received lists that you think I should get to sooner rather than later?

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top