UPDATE #1: 101 in 2014

Sunday, February 16, 2014
Helloooo again from Japan! I thought I would give a little update on how my 101 is going, as I haven't really posted about it since I announced what I was up to! So I will just post the numbers I have made progress on, and let you know what I've done so far!

Onwards!

45. GO TO JAPAN! ~ this one obviously has been done! I am in Japan right now! :D

76. obtain two more KPop/JPop CDs/albums. ~ Done and done!! In fact, we went to Tower Records in Shibuya, and I got about >cough< five >cough< new KPop albums I've been wanting! (four were SHINee, one was G-Dragon :D)

79. read three graphic novels that aren't manga or Marvel/DC comics. ~ you will have seen from a recent book review (and also on goodreads if you follow me there) that I am making lots of progress here! I have read The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Novgorodoff, and am currently reading This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki. I actually also read an Avatar graphic novel, but I'm counting that as manga for now ^_~

84. read The Velveteen Rabbit. ~ Done! Oh my goodness this was so gorgeous. I understand now why it's a favourite book for a lot of people :) I read this on my Kindle :3

92. write four releasing letters. ~ I have finished one of these. What I mean by a 'releasing letter' is a letter that I write to a person (or a feeling, etc) talking about past pain and anger caused by them. I realised I had still been holding on to a few things that happened to me in High School, and I wanted to move on in life, so this is my way of doing so. I have previously written one of these to a past friend, and I find it helps. So, one down, three to go!

98. watch as many Studio Ghibli films as I can. ~ I HAD to update this one because I went to the Ghibli Museum on Friday (14/02)! And while I didn't watch a full film, I got to see one of the amazing short films that they show there. Craig, Xin and I also rewatched Grave of the Fireflies before leaving Perth, and it helped us to understand our visit to Hiroshima even more. Ghibli, you be amazing.




And that's it for now! I'm pretty happy with the progress I'm making so far, but a lot of the items have had to be put on hold until I get back to Perth. :) I kind of semi-added 'sit under a kotatsu' to this list in my mind, so count that as done, too ^_~

Love to all who read!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top