Saying Goodbye to 2013

Wednesday, January 1, 2014
I don't really feel like I have a lot to say on this topic - 2013 went by quickly for me, to be honest.
Looking back on it, I feel that a lot of my energy was dedicated to understanding myself and what I wanted out of life even more than before. I made the choice to start a degree in writing, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year of it. I dedicated even more time to this blog - trying to make it a place where people would come for reviews and anecdotes from my life. I took the leap and applied to be on a panel for the Aurealis Awards - and got accepted (leading to my study and my Kindle being filled with even more books than before).

In terms of my health, I continued to try and figure out what was going on, but I think I was fairly relaxed about everything until about October, where I had a bad episode while home alone. Since then, I've been firing on all cylinders to feel better, and I'm already feeling the effects. My health may always be a huge factor for me - bigger than for most people - but I'm okay with that. I just don't want to become lazy about that.

Continued problems with my health led me to confront some buried emotions - some that I am still trying to clear even now. It is difficult, but that's okay. I will keep trying.

And finally, 2013 was the year I decided to start planning a trip to Japan - something I have been dreaming of since Primary School. 2014 may be the year that I actually go, but 2013 was the year that I decided it was an option. And that's a big step.

2013 hasn't been overly difficult for me, but it has come with it's challenges. I have had to cope with grief over losing loved ones, deep fear of dying myself, anger and frustration over not being able to figure out what was wrong with my health, and confronting long-held beliefs that weren't entirely true.

But I have also experienced great happiness, compassion, and love.

While 2013 may not have felt extremely life-changing for me, I think it actually was on some level. Because it feels like a planning year before an action year, if that makes sense. I feel like 2013 was a year of quiet introspection and thought, slowly preparing me for 2014.

I am looking forward to 2014. It feels like it's going to be a good year.

P.s. I am writing some goals and things to do in 2014 in a workbook right now (made by Leonie Dawson and highly recommended by me), and I am thinking I will post them up on here at some point - for moral support, and also for accountability! I am excited about some of the ideas I've had.

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top