Get Supported.

Monday, November 11, 2013
Dinner outside...

This is something that I will probably write about again and again - you can't mistake the beauty and necessity of a good support network. Whether you are sick or healthy, depressed or joyful, having a good support network can mean the difference between coping with what life throws at you and falling to pieces every time something bad happens.

This is just a short post because I have stuff I need to catch up on right now, but the thought popped into my head.

I am lucky enough that although my health is pretty bad right now, I am able to call on others to help me out. I have some very understanding tutors and lecturers this semester at uni, who are giving me so much assistance with getting my assignments done on 'Bethwyn time' (which is crazy varied and can sometimes change at the drop of a hat - or the presence of a pain). I have amazing parents who continue to support me financially and also give me love and support to deal with all the stuff my body throws at me. I have an amazing boyfriend, who supports me so much that I wonder what exactly I have done to deserve him. And I have some great friends, who don't mind talking about how certain parts of my body aren't working properly, who don't mind that I have to cancel on them a lot, and who make allowances for my crazy diet restrictions and rest requirements.

I'm not sure what I'd do without these people.

And I am also glad that I am who I am. Because I think if I hadn't focused on becoming more capable with dealing with random pains and discomforts and sicknesses, I would be falling apart a lot more often.

I must admit, sometimes I still wish that I was able to be in hospital. Because I want to be taken care of all the time - sometimes it IS that hard for me to simply make my own food, or even get out of bed. But I remind myself that I wouldn't be able to be surrounded by my loved ones as often as I'd like, and I would be removed from the comforts of my own home, and that helps me to feel better about everything.

So, if you can, reach out to someone you'd like in your network. Or an old connection that might have fallen into the shadows a bit. Even if it turns out that person isn't the right one for your network, you get one step closer to finding someone who is.

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top