Looking back~

Saturday, October 27, 2012
Looking back is never really a good idea. I know this. But I just happened to pick up an old diary/day planner today from last year, and, just flipping through, saw every four out of seven days marked with the word 'sick'.

I saw events that I had written in, only to be updated with a cross next to them, signifying that I wasn't able to go because of health reasons.

And yet, I sit here today, wondering why I haven't heard from many of my friends in some time.

I want to get over feeling sorry for myself, but today I'm going to allow it to happen. I want comfort food, and cuddles. I want things that make me feel loved and happy.

And I don't want to think about the fact that, lately, when I call people, they are too busy to speak with me. For whatever reason. I don't want to be angry with them. I don't want to feel sorry for myself. I just want to be.

Perhaps it is time, once again, for me to read 'How to Be Sick' and remember why I am the way I am. And why I love being that person.

Love to all who read.

2 comments:

  1. Any time you want me to read How to be Sick, I'd love to.

    Same goes for Dandelion, if you care to fling it my way <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you. I definitely will get you to read both <3

      Delete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top