Cravings

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Every now and then I have some serious cravings. And it doesn't matter if I've just polished off a whole three course meal - I CRAVE.
Lately the thing I've been craving is Chocolate Creme Oreos. And oh my goodness am I craving them.


My overall theory on cravings is this - if I've wanted it for more than a few hours, and nothing else has sated it, I will give in. The thing is, I don't know why, but my body is seriously craving something in that specific item (probably sugar. XD) and it won't give me any decent rest until I eat as much as it needs. And then after that I probably won't eat that item for half a year.
I have some seriously strange ideas when it comes to food and dieting - I'm aware of this. A lot of it comes from being sick so often that I feel a deserve a break gosh darnit! XD If I want Chocolate Oreos I'M GOING TO EAT CHOCOLATE OREOS.


I've had people in the past trying to make me stop eating my craved item, and that makes me feel a bit bad - often the item is not that great for me or not in my specific health-diet, and so people give me those looks (you know THOSE looks) and ask me 'wouldn't I prefer something else?' or 'are you sure you should be doing that?' and that sort of thing.


Excuse me, but it's my body. And I am not interested in ruining my body or my health - not in the slightest. But if I'm craving something, I'm going to eat it. I know what emotional eating is, and I'm hyper-vigilant on that (I have done it in the past), so please don't tell me what I should or should not be eating unless you are one of my doctors. (Even they get on my nerves a bit sometimes :P.)


I guess what I'm trying to say is... tomorrow I'm gonna buy me some oreos.

Dagnabit. :D









Love to all who read! <3

1 comment:

  1. I love that you just said "Dagnabit". I think the big risk with cravings is impulsively deciding you need something and that you deserve to have it- emotional eating, as you said. But you almost never have that problem from my experiences baby, and you take such good care of yourself. I think for the most part, indulge your cravings as long as they're causing more good than harm to you!

    ReplyDelete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top