Photo shoot~

Sunday, April 29, 2012
Hello people!

So, as you can see from my previous post, I had a photo shoot thing today. It was fun, but very tiring. Why did I have a photo shoot, you ask?
Well, I entered a competition for Brittain + Bombardieri Photography and I ended up winning one of their prize packs! (Which includes a photography session, plus $230 towards prints/canvases/etc.) Amazing! So, as I had asked for a couples session, Xin and I booked in and went along today. My makeup was done for me, which was an interesting sensation for me (I don't tend to wear a lot of makeup), but it ended up looking pretty good.
We have booked in for a viewing session next weekend to see which photo/s we want printed - pretty exciting!

The other big news is that I deleted FaceBook last night. I hear you, I hear you - 'but facebook is how people stay in contact!', 'what are you going to do without the event invites?!', 'but...but...internet kittehs with friends!' - I know! But it was time. I realised that it wasn't actually bringing me any great amount of joy any more - it was just taking up my time [stealing it] from more important things. After I deleted FaceBook, I came to the realisation that I wanted to work more towards my three main dreams, and, in a show of bravery, I am going to write them here:

1) Live in Japan - this may be for a month, or it may be for two years, but I just know I want to live there for awhile.
2) Be a book reviewer - that's right, I'll be firing up my other blog and starting to write book reviews again. This should integrate well into my life (when I have the time) as I am always reading, and I've been spending more time on Goodreads lately (username = bethiibee if you want to follow me!). I'd like to end up reviewing books for a magazine or something similar, but I have to get my work out there first. Which is kind of what I have to do for my final dream..
3) Be a published writer - yes, you heard right. It has been such a huge dream for me for I don't know how long. It was more realistic to me when I was ill all the time and had more time at home to write, but I think I can get there. I'm going to rejoin a writer's networking site and get my writing out there for some critique - I'm going to have to learn to take it sometime, so may as well try now!

I was just thinking that I'd like to get both my blogs receiving more viewers, so I'll be working on that too. So many dreams!

Love to all who read <3

2 comments:

  1. You are so inspiring. I'm so proud of you. And I'm secretly super excited to see how the photos turned out <3<3

    ReplyDelete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top