Make Me Feel Safe.

Sunday, February 27, 2011
There has been a lot of stuff happening over the past couple of days. I've been sick and dealing with medication side-effects, trying to get ready for Uni (first class back tomorrow! eep!), friends close to me have been going through really difficult things, and friends not so close to me have been too.

The majority of the time, I believe myself to be an optimist. While I see that things are bad, I try to recognise the things that are good, and see that things will get better.
So, the good things include - time with Xin, who made me laugh a lot this evening, time with Bronte - who now loves her huggles and cuddles. Time with friends. Time to realise things that bring me the warm fuzzies, and things that I want. Plans for my birthday. Learning new crochet things (still learning.). New games played with Xin. Being able to help with problems, even if it's just being that someone who listens and gives hugs.

Do I wish I was super healthy and not experiencing side-effects from something that is suppose to be helping me? Of course. I most definitely DO wish that. But I'm doing the best I can, so all I can do otherwise is wait. When it gets too bad, I'll rest, when it's not too bad, I'll keep chugging. And I'll keep imagining my safe room, and adding things to it.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top