finding a new path

Tuesday, December 29, 2015


a couple of days ago I wrote about being burnt out, and how that has been affecting me. That is still happening, but I am noticing some new stuff along with the usual overwhelm and need to hibernate: gentle nudges towards what I might actually like.

I am thinking about what I would like to do, not necessarily just in the new year, but in general. I have started doing a couple of those things when I feel able. I am challenging some of my pre-conceived notions - though perhaps "challenging" is a bit too active, because what I'm really doing is looking at them honestly, and gently pulling them apart to see where they come from.

In a similar way to a blogger I admire a lot (Havi), it feels like I am meeting a new version of myself, slowly welcoming them in and offering them tea. I am chatting to them about their values and desires, and figuring out what makes the most sense for them - and for me. [psst: it's okay if I've lost you, I realise that this may be a bit strange!]

basically, I am trying not to push, and this has led me to new suggestions of what I might like to do. I may share a list on my blog, I may not, but it feels like there is a lot of change going on behind the scenes. I'm just waiting to see what it all means.

1 comment:

  1. I really respect your capacity for soul-searching in a meaningful way. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top