Why my blog is a c-c-c-combo blog.

Saturday, March 22, 2014
I recently had to classify my blog into a category, and found myself stuck between two - books and reading, and personal/lifestyle. And that separation/combination makes me equally amused and thoughtful. So I thought I would talk a little about why I write both kinds of blog posts, and try and make a bit of sense out of it for myself, too.

Reading has always been a huge part of my life, ever since I learnt how to make sense of those marks on paper. I can't quite pinpoint the main reason why books and reading mean so much to me, but I suspect it has something to do with being able to visit other worlds, and admiring the way others can use language to make you feel or see something amazing.

Reading became even more important to me when I started to get sick. Whenever I was well enough, I would read to forget my situation - to forget my symptoms. I would visit other worlds so I didn't get too bogged down in my own problems.

And then I realised that I wasn't the only one with these problems (that may seem selfish, but when you're in the depths of something it can be very difficult to see how others are suffering too), and I wanted to start sharing about my experiences in the hopes that it might help someone else going through something similar.

And, let's be honest, it's kind of also an outlet for me to vent and bemoan certain situations so I can move on from them. (I try to give ample warning about those kinds of posts, though!)

In a way, my personal/lifestyle posts link quite closely with my reading posts, because I have a lifestyle that facilitates a lot of reading. And I always want books to be a part of my life. If my blog is a reflection of me, then I think t would be a bit empty without books in it! Also tea. Tea is important.

So, a bit of a rambling post today - sorry about that! I have been asked to post a few more things about my trip to Japan, so I will try to make some time to organise photos for you guys, too. :)

Love to all who read.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top